When we complain about the rain, other people will often say "Yeah, but it’s good for the plants." Well, thanks to a microturbine-based system created by three students from the Technological University of Mexico, it’s now also being used to generate electricity for use in low-income homes.
.. Continue Reading Rainwater used to generate electricity
- AORA’s Tulip solar power system is more than hot air
- Solar powered LED streetlights provide off-the-grid road illumination
- Outback Australian town to run on solar power 24 hours a day
- World’s largest fat-burning power station to burn blubber from London sewers
- HighDro Power converts falling wastewater into electricity
- Creating sustainable sanitation in the slums of Kenya